Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Well, 2008 is almost over! Our Tradition every year is to have my cousin here with us, she is 2 years younger than my daughter. They have a tradition of playing video games, having Pizza for dinner, drinking Sparkling Cider just before 12 then ..... banging pots and pans at midnight and then making Pasta at 2 am. Even though we are house sitting this year, it is not any different, we will just be annoying someone elses neighbors! :)
I was browsing the web today when I came across Deaf Mom World blog. She shared a video that is really funny, so as my last gift of 2008, I too am going to share the video with you. Enjoy!! (It is captioned too!!) I hope you all have a Safe and Happy New Year!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Today I came across a give away for Signing Time at Stop, Drop, Blog! I love these videos and often share them with my nieces. My niece Olivia especially LOVES these videos, so I have entered in hope of winning them for her! Wish Me Luck!!!
Monday, December 29, 2008
Have you seen Rhonna's amazing designs??? I LOVE the Miracles and Inspire prints! She is very creative! She is having a fabulous giveaway on her blog Rhonna Designs to bring in 2009, you can win 209 yes 209 of her design kits!!!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run (on Wii, does that count? lol)
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelos David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted I did collaged one, does that count?
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating...it was fish
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club 1/09 online bloggin book club!
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
Although I have done alot of these there are so many more of these I’d love to do...this list really made me think of the New Year ahead....What have YOU done or what will you DO?
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Today, my family had a belated party for my niece Olivia. We went to All in the Kiln in Walnut Creek. We had a very nice day creating! I can wait to get them back!
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
I have been house and pet sitting for my Brother. This morning I woke up to Riggs, his Black Lab, drooling profusely and breathing irregular. I was about to take my daughter to school when I made the split decision to take Riggs to the Emergency Vet. Within minutes of arriving at the Vet, Riggs lungs collapsed. My Brother is not returning until tomorrow and we made the decision to put Riggs to rest, as there was no hope for him. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. He was the best do EVER!! We will all miss him dearly.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
I thought I had blogged about this already, but looking back I sadly didn't. Chrysti Hydeck is a wonderful Artist and Photographer, as well as a fellow ZNE member. She has been participating in the 29 Days of Giving on her blog, Art by Chrysti. Hop on over and see what she is offering for her giveaways! Some fabulous finds indeed!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
I love to acknowledge other Artists! Fellow Artist and ZNE member Izabella Pierce has joined with a few other Artists and is having a Grand Opening for their new site Outsider Artist! This is an Amazing collabrative of Artist! I hope you will stop by and sign their Guestbook!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Happy Holidays & Artful Blessings,
Friday, December 5, 2008
Your Inner Child Is Surprised
You see many things through the eyes of a child.
Meaning, you're rarely cynical or jaded.
You cherish all of the details in life.
Easily fascinated, you enjoy experiencing new things.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Today, as I was searching the web, I was touched by a very sweet story. Bernie Berlin of A Place to Bark has a resuce dog that she is hoping is adopted by the First Family, The Obamas. BEAN is so adorable that I am helping another Artist, Animal Lover, and ZNE Member! Let's help get BEAN to the White House!!!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
I am not going to apologize for not bloggin regularly. My life has been turned upside down and I just need some time to get things straight. Things are not all straightened out yet, but I have some time today to blog.
I can't believe the year is almost over...it just fly by. I have had the pleasure of meeting some wonderful Artist over the past year,especially since I attended the first ever ZNE ConvenZioNE! It was a blast! One of the Artist I met was Susan Tuttle! She has a new book out and I have showin some love by postin it here. You can check out her Blog Contest at: Ilka's Attic
Also the book is selling on Amazon.com
So hop on over to both links and show Susan some love!
I have worked on very little Art lately, but have started making a brown bag art journal that I will begin to share soon. I also made a coaster book that is not completely finished. I am trying to get some eBay auctions up and running! So, lots of things to look forward to!
Hope your Holiday Season has started off feeling Blessed!